ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 27 January 2016 14:00UTC

Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 27 January 2016 14:00UTC

ATTENDANCE

Atlantic teleconference:

  Kenneth Bengtsson
  Kees Duvekot
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Ole Madsen

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath
  Andy Schoka

REFERENCING THE SPECIFICATION

    - the following should be used as a specific citation:
      OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845:2015)
    - the following would be used for a general (any version) citation:
      OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)
    - the canonical documents are available in the OASIS repository:
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/
    - the ISO/IEC catalogue entry is found at:
      http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=66370
    - the ISO/IEC document and attachments are found at:
      http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
    - no new events to add at this time

   Review of Pacific call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201601/msg00009.html

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201601/msg00003.html

   Membership status review
    <https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership>https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
    <https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80>https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

    - voting status is determined by the following:
      - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
        maintain voting status
      - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
        voting status
    - committee officers (alphabetical):
      - Jon Bosak (secretary)
      - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
      - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
    - current voting member list (alphabetical):
      - Oriol Bausa
      - Kenneth Bengtsson
      - Kees Duvekot
      - G. Ken Holman
      - Ole Madsen
      - Tim McGrath
      - Andy Schoka
    - members approaching losing voting status:
      - Oriol Bausa

ISO/IEC 19845:2015 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

 - the materials are now available for download from the ISO site:
     http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/
 - we have confirmed editorial issues with the ISO cover pages and have
   brought this to the attention of OASIS staff for action
 - the documentation ZIP has:
   - the PDF, with UBL-2.1.pdf renamed C066370e.pdf
   - the statements of use
   - the XAdES declarations
 - of note, the HTML and XML versions of the documentation are absent
 - the attachment ZIP has:
   - none of the documentation files in the root directory; all are absent:
     UBL-2.1.html
     UBL-2.1.pdf
     UBL-2.1.xml
   - batch files in the val/ directory are renamed, with a READ-ME file
     explaining the rename:
     test.bat -> test.txt
     testsamples.bat -> testsamples.txt
     validate.bat -> validate.txt
     w3cschema.bat -> w3cschema.txt
     xslt.bat -> xslt.txt
   - all other files appear to be preserved in their entirety, with none
     absent

UBL 2.2

 - in our governance document we posited that UBL would be revised on a
   three-year basis:
<http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-Governance/v1.0/cn01/UBL-Governance-v1.0-cn01.html#S-THE-PLANNED-UBL-RELEASE-CYCLE>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-Governance/v1.0/cn01/UBL-Governance-v1.0-cn01.html#S-THE-PLANNED-UBL-RELEASE-CYCLE
 - to meet this, we have to have all of the changes in by January 2016
- all members are reminded to contact those needing additions to UBL to review
   the governance document and get the discussion started for including any
changes, as additions submitted in January 2016 likely will not have time to
   be discussed before we have to cut off accepting them
<http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-Governance/v1.0/cn01/UBL-Governance-v1.0-cn01.html>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-Governance/v1.0/cn01/UBL-Governance-v1.0-cn01.html
   - users of the common library are encouraged to review the governance
     document and to consider submitting their suggestions for consideration
     by the committee in a future revision
 - at the November 4 meeting we reconfirmed our deadline of January 2016 for
   preliminary requirements for UBL 2.2, and that we will then review the
   status of requirements from other stakeholders
 - the pre-award committee is working on more experimentation:

    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-pre-award/201511/maillist.html

 - new requirements are arriving and might still be expected
   - this is resulting in a delay to the posited deadlines agreed to in the
     governance document
   - AGREED: new deadline for finalized content submissions is May 31, 2016
   - note that when we meet this new deadline, the first publicly-visible
     test schemas for 2.2 will be ready sometime in June 2016
 - at this point no new requirements expected from PC434 semantic model of the
   core elements of an electronic invoice
   - a public review of the PC434 work is now available
 - Andy reports that two groups are looking for new transportation content:
   - the NEAL-NET analysis project is working on a mapping from that project
     to UBL syntax
   - the European common framework standard interoperability work with
     Audun Vennesland and Jan Tore Pedersen
 - Ken reports that Georg Birgisson in Iceland has some Remittance content
   to add for post-award for Kees to work with
 - please review the JIRA tickets for any ideas regarding missing bits

Naming and Design Rules

 - comments for the committee note regarding the application of our NDR
   in UBL 2.1 are still in the works
 - second public review announced 2016-01-26 ending 2016-02-10:

   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201601/msg00008.html

 - note that the requested feedback regarding the title of the document was
   removed from the cover page of the document voted on by the committee; TC
   Admin amended the announcement with additional information:

   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201601/msg00011.html

JIRA tickets
<https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670>https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670 (note that the view can
   be changed using the box icon at top right; the list view provides the most
   summary information, without the detail view obscuring the screen space)
   - when creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components
     by how they are described to be used as categories:
<https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel>https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel

UBL TC next steps

  - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
  - do we need a travelling road show along the lines of UBL International?
  - can anyone volunteer to create more short video segments to be shared?

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

 Next meetings:

  2016-02-03 No calls
  2016-02-10 No calls
  2016-02-17 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST
  2016-02-24 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST

 Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
 privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

 TC calendar:
 <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

 TC calendar iCal subscription link:
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50

OTHER BUSINESS

 - second Tradeshift post from Jon Bosak:

    <http://blog.tradeshift.com/ubl-whats-in-the-box/>http://blog.tradeshift.com/ubl-whats-in-the-box/

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |