ubl message

Subject: Comment to OASIS UBL-NDR

Fellow UBL TC members,

1) Further to my observation regarding the OASIS BD-NDR and the broad nature of COM04:

2) - COM04 currently reads:

     Controlled list of abbreviations in dictionary information values

     Abbreviations for terms used in dictionary information values
     shall be taken from a controlled list of commonly-agreed
     abbreviations.

- as written, this is too broad in that it encompasses those values that are commentary or are examples of data ... and we don't constrain data text values, only dictionary information name text values. I think this is better:

     Controlled list of abbreviations in dictionary entry name information
     values

     Abbreviations for terms used in dictionary entry name information
     values shall be taken from a controlled list of commonly-agreed
     abbreviations.

- this is distinguished from COM03 which is related to the element name values
- we still need the distinction because, for example, we don't allow "ID" in a dictionary entry name information value but we do allow it as an abbreviation in the element name

... an edit is needed in the OASIS UBL-NDR in section 4.3 from:

  "UBL allows the use of the following abbreviations in descriptions,
   name values and in a component's name:"

... to:

  "UBL allows the use of the following abbreviations in name values and
   in a component's name:"

... so that descriptions are not so constrained.

Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training @US$45: http://goo.gl/Dd9qBK |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. _ _ _ _ _ _ http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G Ken Holman _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ blog _ _ _ _ _ http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/posts |