ubl message

Subject: Free-use programs supporting OASIS Business Document NDR artefact analysis, creation and documentation

Fellow UBL TC members,

I have been coding solutions supporting the OASIS Business Document Naming and Design Rules Version 1.0 draft. I am making these freely available, without registration, to download and use as you need. If you would like to support the development, my web site has a Donate button.

If you need code to implement checking the MODxx and COMxx rules of the genericode expression of the components of a CCTS model of a suite of documents, create the XSD and CVA validation artefacts, and document the contents of the model, please find the necessary packages here:

  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#obdndr

The code now supports selectively creating and documenting subsets of complete document models. This allows one to specify a subset in the context of the complete model, which helps when reviewing what of the complete model might be considered to be added to an existing subset. I have an example subset of UBL 2.1 specified here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJFeWRQ8g70ZyYL_thao-4nSB0xeWGMgTcxnSnfvV6c/view

The documentation describes how to convert an OASIS Open Document Spreadsheet file (such as produced by OpenOffice or LibreOffice, or downloaded from Google Spreadsheet) into a genericode XML sparse table matrix. In turn, that genericode XML is used to produce the XSD and CVA validation artefacts, and the HTML documentation.

Earlier versions of these tools created the UBL and OASIS Business Document Envelope validation artefacts. The demonstration environment included with these tools reproduces these validation artefacts precisely. The oXygen XML file difference tool reports zero substantive differences.

These tools are candidates for you to consider when modeling exchange documents using UN/CEFACT Core Component Technical Specification (CCTS) 2.01 in conjunction with OASIS Business Document Naming and Design Rules (NDR) Version 1.0.

Please let me know (off list) if you have any questions or bug reports. The more bugs that are found, the more that will get fixed!

Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training @US$45: http://goo.gl/Dd9qBK |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. _ _ _ _ _ _ http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G Ken Holman _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ blog _ _ _ _ _ http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/posts |