ubl message

Subject: Hub document for shared editing

Fellow UBL TC members,

I have created the Google Docs version of our UBL 2.2 hub document for shared editing:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yv2y6EQkHhGjjgIpwBNpWdxi5tDY3l0-NwkwDM0MpYg/edit

Copied from the beginning of the online document:

This is an experiment. We haven't tried this before, but it is worth seeing if the end result is acceptable.

The objective is to collaboratively make our respective changes to the hub document and then I will take the Google Doc and somehow inject the changes into our hub XML. I have no idea, yet, how automated that will be, but I'm not optimistic. But, at the least, all of the input will be in the same format and so my injection effort will need be done only once.

Please do not rearrange sections, only add sections and paragraphs that you need added. If anyone rearranges sections then I will have difficulty doing a "diff" to determine what is new.

Do not worry about the list of namespaces, I'll generate that.

Do not worry about the appearance! We are not going to publication from the Google Doc. All I need to know is what content is to be added to the XML and we will create our publications from the XML. You add your content to the Google Doc and I will move it to the HTML.

Use colour when adding new text so that other reviewers will know what is new and what is old. Let's try to keep black text as original text and coloured text as new text.

Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training @US$45: http://goo.gl/Dd9qBK |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. _ _ _ _ _ _ http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G Ken Holman _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ blog _ _ _ _ _ http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/posts |