ubl message

Subject: First working draft of Business Document Naming and Design Rules Version 1.1 with JSON support

Fellow UBL TC members,

For our meeting discussion tomorrow, and while we await the final publishing of the OASIS Standard Business Document Naming and Design Rules Version 1.0, I have published the first working draft of the Business Document Naming and Design Rules Version 1.1:

  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=59735

Version 1.1 includes full support for the JSON expression of CCTS BIEs as described in the discussion paper:

  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=59528

Only the introductory and conformance sections have been modified, and the JSON validation artefacts section added ... no changes have been made to the CCTS modeling section or the XML validation artefacts section. Thus rules have only been added compared to version 1.0, not changed or deleted. I still have to copy-fit some of the code snippets for the PDF rendition, but no information is lost.

Using the BDNDR 1.1 above I have created JSON schema expressions for all 81 UBL 2.2 document types. This is now accomplished with every "push of the button" for UBL validation artefacts.

Also, I have transliterated all of UBL 2.2's example XML documents into JSON and validated every one, without errors, with the JSON schema expressions I created.

I look forward to our meeting tomorrow where we can discuss if these JSON validation artefacts belong in the next revision of UBL 2.2 or separately in their own Committee Note.

Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training @US$45: http://goo.gl/Dd9qBK |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. _ _ _ _ _ _ http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G Ken Holman _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ blog _ _ _ _ _ http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/posts |