ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 16 August 2017 14:00UTC

Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 16 August 2017 14:00UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2017-08-16T14:00:00

CONFERENCING INFO  (new credentials and contact information)

Meeting ID: 547 975 473

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
 https://zoom.us/j/547975473

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):
 +14086380968,,547975473#  or +16465588656,,547975473#

Or Telephone:
 https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=tZYVoCjT6sw0zaoKK3bbfRHUX43prdSf

Many thanks to http://eFact.pe for sponsoring our teleconferences.

REFERENCING THE SPECIFICATION

    - the following should be used as a specific citation:
      OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845:2015)
    - the following would be used for a general (any version) citation:
      OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)
    - the canonical documents are available in the OASIS repository:
      http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/
    - the ISO/IEC catalogue entry is found at:
      http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=66370
    - the ISO/IEC document and attachments are found at:
      http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
    - any new events to add at this time?

  Review of Atlantic call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201708/msg00005.html

   Membership status review
    https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
    https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

    - voting status is determined by the following:
      - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
        maintain voting status
      - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
        voting status
      - members formally on leave by prior request must not attend and
        their voting status is not impacted
    - current UBL TC voting member list (alphabetical) and relationships:
      - Todd Albers
        - Member ASC X9 AB, Member ISO 20022 Payment SEG, Member W3C Web
          Payments Interest Group
      - Oriol Bausà Peris
        - Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML, Editor TC434 Validation
      - Kenneth Bengtsson
        - Chair OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML, DK Expert UN/CEFACT
      - Erlend Klakegg Bergheim
        - Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML Core & MS
        - Member CEN/TC434/WS8
      - Kees Duvekot
        - Member OASIS BDXR
      - G. Ken Holman (Chair OASIS UBL TC)
        - Member OASIS BDXR, CA Member JTC 1/SC32, CA Expert UN/CEFACT
      - Ole Ellerbæk Madsen
        - DK Member CEN/TC440, CEN/TC440 Liaison JTC 1/SC 32
    - members approaching losing voting status after this meeting:
      - Kees Duvekot
    - members approaching gaining voting status after this meeting:
      - Peter Borresen
        - DK Member CEN/TC440, Assistant Convenor TC440/WG7
      - Enric Staromiejski Torregrosa
        - Member OASIS ebXML, European Commission liaison (DG GROWTH)
    - active non-voting members
      - Roberto Cisternino
        - IT Expert UN/CEFACT
      - Audun Vennesland
    - new member orientation information:
      https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=59647

UBL 2.2
 - Peter managing requirements for transportation documents
 - Kees managing requirements for post-award documents
 - Ole managing requirements for pre-award documents
 - Roberto managing requirements for party information documents

 - the UBL 2.2 CSPRD01 first 45-day public review has just ended:

   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201701/msg00019.html

 - draft disposition of public comments has been started:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GpAMQDtoxSAiRPwX4uhi5huxpCVutbTKpb9zYO3p-QM/view

 - committee members can create new JIRA tickets for UBL 2.2 on their own
   without needing to include them in the summary of public comments
 - the tickets for the next revision can be found using the same link as
   before ... please begin commenting on the tickets with your input:

   https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972

 - Ole reports that all tickets for Pre-award are addressed and ready for
   the next public review
   - Ken posted a summary of all of the changes:
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201707/msg00038.html
   - are we agreed to incorporate all of the Pre-award additions into the
     main spreadsheets for the next revision of UBL 2.2?

 - Kees reports that we do not have enough feedback for a number of post-award
   issues that we are now agreed will be put off until the next review or
   revision
   - awaiting feedback from Kees on the information from the last meeting that
     should change the status of a number of tickets
   - Ken will create a Post-award spreadsheet with the changes from Pre-award
     for Kees to modify with the tickets that are agreed
     - Ken is awaiting the Pre-award spreadsheet to be voted on and accepted

 - countdown to standardization outlined in our UBL Governance document:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-Governance/v1.0/cn01/UBL-Governance-v1.0-cn01.html#S-THE-PATHWAY-TO-STANDARDIZATION

   - say we have finalized all changes (documentation and CCTS) by September
     start
   - 30-day public review of CSPRD02 mid-September to mid-October
   - Candidate OASIS Standard COS1 prepared by the end of October
   - search begins for Statements of Use of candidate UBL 2.2
   - 15-day TC Administration review by end of November
   - 60-day public review of COS1 over end of February
   - 14-day OASIS member ballot at beginning of March
   - late March UBL 2.2 becomes an OASIS Standard
   - mid-April we begin the ISO revision process for ISO/IEC 19845
   - we don't know the TC Admin workload to know if any steps will be delayed
   - we have already 3 months from our original objective of end of 2017

UBL 2.3
 - a posting has been made to the mail archives so that it can be cited
   in other correspondence:

   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201702/msg00006.html

 - Peter managing requirements for transportation documents
 - Kees managing requirements for post-award documents
 - Ole managing requirements for pre-award documents
 - Roberto managing requirements for party information documents
 - Kenneth and Todd managing requirements for payments and finance documents
 - based on the UBL 2.2 schedule outlined above, changes could be started
   for UBL 2.3 consideration and testing at the end of October 2017
 - we should further consider the idea raised earlier of splitting UBL into
   different normative parts
 - we are considering not taking UBL 2.2 to ISO but waiting for UBL 2.3
   as a significant upgrade

UBL Transportation Subcommittee
 - anything to report?

UBL Payments and Finance Subcommittee
 - anything to report?

Outreach and communications
 - need to distinguish the role and responsibilities of different available
   resources:

    - https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/
    - http://ubl.xml.org
    - https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Universal_Business_Language
    - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/

JSON Task Group
 - the TC continues to invite public comment on the latest versions of
   these specifications until such time as we agree to progress the documents
   to their next steps in the process:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/Business-Document-NDR/v1.1/Business-Document-NDR-v1.1.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-JSON/v1.0/UBL-2.1-JSON-v1.0.html

 - awaiting TC Administration feedback regarding:

     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201705/msg00000.html

   - as this is a facet of the public perception of an OASIS specification,
     the OASIS TC Administration not only needs to be involved, but they are
     the ones to do the heavy lifting with IANA with an amalgam of our
     needs and their needs, so we have to work with them and through them
     - ticket created for tracking:

       https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-2587

 - Ken will be creating a new working draft to remove nothing but add some
   guidelines regarding those extensions to UBL that are specified using
   CCTS (per the scope of the work product), recognizing there is no attempt
   to transliterate arbitrary XML into JSON
 - Kenneth is looking to contact projects using JSON on MongoDB, please
   contact him if you have any information to share

JIRA tickets
   https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972 (note that the view can
   be changed using the box icon at top right; the list view provides the most
   summary information, without the detail view obscuring the screen space)

   - when creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components
     by how they are described to be used as categories:
<https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel>https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel
     - if you leave the "Component/s" field empty, the ticket will not show up
       in the summary filter

   - status and resolution values:
     - NEW - the issue has been created but not yet agreed to be in
             consideration or not for the development distribution
           - in order for the issue to become active work for the committee
             the new ticket must be changed to OPEN or it will not be seen
             in the "to do" filter
           - the other option on a new ticket is to change it to DEFERRED
           - please remember to look at the open filter to ensure visibility:
             https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972
     - DEFERRED - the issue is not in consideration for the development
                  distribution
                - please remember to use this when creating new tickets for
                  backwards-incompatible changes
     - OPEN - the issue is in consideration for the development distribution
            - keep the issue OPEN when assigning to Ken for incorporation
            - please remember to add a comment regarding expectations whenever
              you assign an OPEN ticket to another person for any action
     - RESOLVED + Applied - the issue is incorporated in test but not released
- RESOLVED + Fixed - the issue is incorporated in a released test version;
                          (record which one)
     - RESOLVED + No Action - considered as no action for distribution
     - RESOLVED + Cannot Reproduce - considered as no action for distribution
     - APPLIED - the issue is included in a public review (record which one)
     - see also the discussion on the status workflows here:
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201606/msg00022.html

   - members please note to discuss ticket issues as comments to the ticket so
     that we can audit the discussion when making decisions about the ticket,
     without having to find the discussion on the main mail list

   - to find all of the OASIS TC Administration tickets related to UBL, use
     the https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13070 filter

UPCOMING FACE-TO-FACE MEETING

  2018-01-09/10 - Fremantle, Australia
                  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=45350
                - focus is on the early developments of 2.3, and anything
                  needed for finalizing 2.2 (which should already be done)
                - we plan on a welcome dinner the evening of January 8

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

  2017-08-16 Atlantic teleconference 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
  2017-08-23 Call cancelled
  2017-08-30 Atlantic teleconference 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

  Next Pacific call meetings:
   CCYY-MM-DD Pacific 02:00UTC/21:00EST - November to March
   CCYY-MM-DD Pacific 01:00UTC/21:00EST - April to October
   - these teleconferences are suspended until warranted by attendance

 Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
 privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

 TC calendar:
 <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

 TC calendar iCal subscription link:
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50

OTHER BUSINESS

 - as comes forward

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |