ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Putative voting documents for UBL 2.2 CSPRD03 for February 21, 2018

Hearing no other feedback, I have changed the second paragraph of section 2.1 such that the five paragraphs read as follows:

The processes described in this section, and the business rules associated with them, define a context for the use of UBL 2.2 business documents. They are normative insofar as they provide semantics for the UBL document schemas, but they should not be construed as limiting the application of those schemas.

UBL 2.2 extends the pre-award tendering processes, adds a new transportation document for the weight statement, and adds new documents for a business directory and agreements. UBL 2.1 extended the generalized supply chain processes of UBL 2.0 (including the commercial collaborations of international trade) to include support for collaborative planning, forecasting, and replenishment; vendor managed inventory; utility billing; tendering; and intermodal freight management.

The document types included in UBL 2.2 are listed in Section 3, "UBL 2.2 Schemas". It is important to note that, as with previous UBL releases, the UBL 2.2 library is designed to support the construction of a wide variety of document types beyond those provided in the 2.2 package. It is expected that implementers will develop their own customized document types and components and that more UBL document types will be added as the library evolves.

For guidance in customizing UBL document types, see the UBL Guidelines for Customization .

For guidance in submitting recommended additions to and new UBL document types, see the UBL Maintenance Governance Procedures .

I have removed the two figures since they are not comprehensive.

I haven't made any other changes, so please let me know ASAP if you have found anything.

On Monday evening I will prepare a new package for voting on Wednesday and will cite it in the agenda.