ubl message

Subject: Form submission from: Request a Special Majority Vote to proceed to Candidate OASIS Standard

Submitted on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 17:00
Submitted by user:
Submitted values are:

Your name: G. Ken Holman
TC name: Universal Business Language
TC email address: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Title: Universal Business Language Version 2.2
Committee Specification URI:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs01-UBL-2.2/UBL-2.2.html
Committee Specification editable source URI(s):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs01-UBL-2.2/UBL-2.2.xml
Certification by the TC that all schema and XML instances are well-formed and
that expressions are valid: We so certify
Clear English-language summary of the specification: UBL 2.2 is designed to
provide a universally understood and recognized syntax for 81 legally binding
business documents (e.g. purchase order, invoice, waybill, etc.) and to
operate
within a standard business framework such as ISO/IEC 15000 (ebXML) to provide
complete, standards-based infrastructure that can extend the benefits of
existing EDI systems to businesses of all sizes. UBL is freely available to
everyone without legal encumbrance or licensing fees.
Relationship of this specification to similar work: UBL 2.2 is a
fully-backwards
compatible version of UBL 2.1, that is, every schema-valid instance of UBL
2.1
is also a schema-valid instance of UBL 2.2.
     --Statements of Use--
       Link to Statement of Use #1:
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201803/msg00025.html
       Link to Statement of Use #2:
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201804/msg00000.html
       Link to Statement of Use #3:
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201804/msg00003.html
       Additional Statements of Use:

     --Public Reviews--
       First public review announcement URI:

https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/ubl-v2-2-begins-45-day-public-review-ends-march-17th
       Comment resolution log:
       https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=61681
       Additional public review announcement URIs:
       CSPRD02:

       announcement:

https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/invitation-to-comment-on-universal-business-language-v2-2-from-the-ubl-tc-ends-de
       comment disposition:
       https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=62553

       CSPRD03:

       announcement:

https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/invitation-to-comment-on-ubl-v2-2-from-the-ubl-tc-ends-march-13th
       disposition: no comments received
       Additional comment resolution log URIs: (see above)

Approval link:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201804/msg00013.html
Earlier attempts to standardize: No
Sources of explanatory information:
Notes:
This is the first attempt to standardize UBL 2.2.  UBL 2.1 and 2.0 have
already
been standardized.

When we have a date for the close of the Special Majority Vote, I will create
set of COS01-labeled artefacts and documentation.

Thank you for your help!  . . . . . . Ken

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN