uddi-dev message

Subject: [uddi-dev] purpose of UDDI registry

What I believe that UDDI registry should provide me every bit of detail to execute a web services that is I only have service key(unique id) and remaining info should be provided from UDDI registry like service name, method name, parameter type, number of parameter.
Or I have wrong understanding of the purpose of UDDI registry, its only to provide me URL to access this web service the remaining should be extracted from WSDL of that web service.

thanks in advance.

Nayyer Kamran