uddi-dev message

Subject: Re: Representing Hierarchical Value Sets (for example for uddi:uddi.org:categorization:types)

The complete hierarchy of the value set
uddi:uddi.org:categorization:types tModel is detailed in the spec
section 11.1.1.4:

http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi_v3.htm#UDDITypes

There is no API for users of the registry to retrieve this value set.

In general, in UDDIv3, there are APIs (such as the get_allValidValues
you mentioned) to allow a *registry* (rather than the users of the
registry) to retrieve valid values of a value set from a value set
provider.

The API set was created to allow a registry implementation to cache the
valid values for spell-check type of validation, rather than for end
users to retrieve the values and the structure (such as hierarchy) of a
value set.

- sam