uddi-dev message

Subject: Re: [uddi-dev] RE: Representing Hierarchical Value Sets (for example foruddi:uddi.org:categorization:types)

Pranav,

You are correct.  There is currently no spec. defined mechanism for
defining the structure of a value set, nor are there any APIs defined for
saving and querying the content of a value set.   Maintaining this data has
been deemed beyond the scope of the UDDI registry up through the V3
specification, defering to the referential nature of UDDI.

The topic you raise has, however, been the topic of discussion for sometime
now in the UDDI TC.   Work in this area will be considered as a candidate
item in V4.

Thanks,
Tom Bellwood       Phone:  (512) 838-9957 (external);   TL:  678/9957
(internal)
Co-Chair, OASIS UDDI Specification TC

"Pranav Parekh" <pparekh@digev.com> on 03/18/2003 02:58:59 PM