uddi-dev message

Subject: RE: [uddi-dev] Multiple access points II

Hi Paul,

The answer is the same as the one for your previous question: there is no technical limitation on the type of bindingTemplates your want to group within one businessService. Though, it migth a good modeling approach to separate bindingTemplates that implement different Web service types.

Finding a specific bindingTemplate is carried out by using the find_binding API and putting the wanted tModel in the find_binding's tModelBag. Thus, you can programmatically find only bindingTemplates that implemented bomExplode or bomImplode, respectively - independently of the modeling approach
used.

I don't have any experience with JAXR. Whether this works in JAXR or not depends on how the mapping to the UDDI APIs is defined.

Claus von Riegen, SAP

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Sterk [mailto:paul.sterk@sun.com]
Sent: Freitag, 7. März 2003 02:30
To: uddi-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [uddi-dev] Multiple access points II

Hi,

Second question regarding multiple access points per service. A proposal has come up to allow someone to register a service and have multiple accessPoints for the service.  The issue here is that each accessPoint points to a different service.

Let me give an example:

The service is registered as Bill of Materials.  It has two accessPoints:

Bill of Materials Explode
http://hostname/bomExplode

Bill of Materials Implode
http//hostname/bomImplode

These are two different services with different associated WSDL docs.

I am personally uncomfortable with this model because I believe that each businessService should be mapped to one service implementation. I feel that BOMExplode and BOMImplode are two different services and should be registered separately.

However, I would like here what your experience and opinions are in this area.

If this model is acceptable, how do you find a specific accessPoint programmtically (JAXR) in UDDI v2.0?  Do you use the tModelInstanceDetails object?

Any feedback in this regard would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Paul