uddi-dev message

Subject: RE: [uddi-dev] Compatibility between UDDI standards.

Miles,

Backwards compatibility to v2 has been handles and is normative in the v3 Spec (see [1]). You should not have any issues interoperating with a v3 node - in short it will behave from the perspective of your client as a v2 node.

[1] http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi_v3.htm#_Toc53709450

Luc Clément
Co-Chair OASIS UDDI Spec TC
Systinet
Tel: +1.617.768.4268
www.systinet.com

From: Miles Henderson [mailto:miles.henderson@rainingdata.com]
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 10:06
To: uddi-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

I am new to UDDI and was wondering if the UDDI standards are backwards compatible. i.e. If I implement a UDDI 2.0 client, will it be able to communicate with a UDDI 3.0 server? I am currently thinking of using the UDDI4J Java library but this only supports the UDDI 2.0 standard.

Thanks and Regards,

Miles Henderson.