uddi-dev message

Subject: [no subject]

"
OK: C# proxy invokes C# service
OK: C# proxy invokes Java service
OK: Java proxy invokes Java service
NOT OK: Java proxy invokes C# service
When I try to invoke a C# web service with a java axis client I get the
error message:
"Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: ."
"

Is the issue that you didn't succeed in having the generated Java code
call a C# service?  If that is the issue, I would look into the WS-I
testing tools to make sure the WSDL you are using follows the
interoperability reccomendations:

http://www.ws-i.org/deliverables/workinggroup.aspx?wg=testingtools

Based on the WS-I testing report, one thing you might want to look at is
the use and style arguments specified on the Java2WSDL command and use
document and literal when you generate the WSDL.

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html#Java2WSDLReference

Depending on the tooling you're using on the Java side, you may also want
to consider using an IDE with web service support or a pre-release version
of the eclipse.org development environment with the Web service plugins.
Some commercial Java IDE implementations already ship tools that would
simplify the development of WS-I compliant services in Java and verify the
corresponding WSDL.  The open-source tools are in the eclipse WST project:
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/index.html

Regards,

Andrew Hately
IBM Software Group, Emerging Technologies
email: hately@us.ibm.com

tomjbr.10216233@bloglines.com
05/10/2005 09:58 AM

uddi-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
cc

Subject
[uddi-dev] How to implement UDDI and dynamically bind to web services with
the same WSDL

I am trying to dynamically bind to web services with the same WSDL, and
since
that is what UDDI can be used for, then maybe you have an idea about how
do it...

I can not figure out how to let a java axis client invoke a C#
web service and a java axis web service in a transparent way, when the
both
service implementations have been generated from the same WSDL interface.

This should not be so difficult, or if it is, well then what is the point
of using UDDI if you can not dynamically bind to a service, independent of
whether it is implemented in java or C# ?

There are probably other people
that are struggling with something you really think should be easy, so
maybe
you would like to answer in this discussion thread:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices/browse_frm/thread/bb090e09ad200979/066e19852c9e6fc7?tvc=1&hl=sv

Regards, Tom

--=_alternative 005A90FA86256FFD_=

the usenet archive, this sounds more like a Web service interoperability
issue than a UDDI issue.</font>
OK: C# proxy invokes Java service <br>
OK: Java proxy invokes Java service <br>
NOT OK: Java proxy invokes C# service </font>
client I get the <br>
error message: <br>
&quot;Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: .&quot;
in having the generated Java code call a C# service? &nbsp;If that is the
issue, I would look into the WS-I testing tools to make sure the WSDL you
are using follows the interoperability reccomendations:</font>
thing you might want to look at is the use and style arguments specified
on the Java2WSDL command and use document and literal when you generate
the WSDL.</font>
on the Java side, you may also want to consider using an IDE with web service
support or a pre-release version of the eclipse.org development environment
with the Web service plugins. &nbsp;Some commercial Java IDE implementations
already ship tools that would simplify the development of WS-I compliant
services in Java and verify the corresponding WSDL. &nbsp;The open-source
tools are in the eclipse WST project: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/index.html</font>
Andrew Hately<br>
IBM Software Group, Emerging Technologies <br>
email: hately@us.ibm.com<br>
UDDI and dynamically bind to web services with the same WSDL</font></table>
the same WSDL, and since<br>
that is what UDDI can be used for, then maybe you have an idea about how
to<br>
do it...<br>
I can not figure out how to let a java axis client invoke a C#<br>
web service and a java axis web service in a transparent way, when the
both<br>
service implementations have been generated from the same WSDL interface.<br>
This should not be so difficult, or if it is, well then what is the point<br>
of using UDDI if you can not dynamically bind to a service, independent
of<br>
whether it is implemented in java or C# ?<br>
There are probably other people<br>
that are struggling with something you really think should be easy, so
maybe<br>
you would like to answer in this discussion thread:<br>
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices/browse_frm/thread/bb090e09ad200979/066e19852c9e6fc7?tvc=1&amp;hl=sv<br>
Regards, Tom<br>