uddi-dev message

Subject: Re: [uddi-dev] ebXML registry and UDDI comparisons

At 10:54 AM 2005-06-22, Farrukh Najmi wrote:

A key feature is our content validation and cataloging services. We will be showing at JavaONE 2005 (June 26-June 30) at booth #802, how simply publishing a WSDL (the actual WSDL not just some pointer to it) to the registry results in a WSDL cataloging service to be invoked
that generates all the metadata for the WSDL based on  processing of the WSDLs. We then show how custom WSDL specific queries can be used to do discovery queries like:

-Find all WSDL doc that use a specified namespace patter

-Find all Bindings or Services that have a certain text pattern in their documentation

-Find all Bindings that are SOAP bindings AND use DOC Literal style AND do not use HTTP  as transport

While the list of WSDL related queries being defined by the WS profile for ebXML Registry is still growing I neglected to mention a couple of other important queries supported:

-Find all WSDLs with Service implementations that use specified implementation platform (J2EE, .Net, ...)

-Find all WSDLs with Service implementations that use specified platform resources (Database, JMS, JAXR...)

Where in the ebRIM/ebRS specs does it specify how to extract the metadata from WSDL and add it to the registry?

Or is this a non-standard value-added feature of a particular implementation?

Or is it in a "WS profile for ebXML Registry"; please provide a link to it?

Paul