uddi-dev message

Subject: Re: [uddi-dev] DoD freebXML (was Re: [uddi-dev] ebXML registry andUDDI comparisons)

Paul Denning wrote:

> At 11:37 AM 2005-06-23, Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>
>>> Please identify the DoD users or deployments of freebXML Registry.
>>
>> Gladly. FGM corporation provides the DOD Registry. They use the
>> freebXML Registry for the DOD Registry:
>>
>> http://xml.gov/presentations/fgm/dodregistry.htm
>>
>> They do not seem to give public recognition to their use of freebXML
>> Registry. However, I know they use freebXML Registry because I have
>> helped them
>> set it up and they have told me so.
>

> Thanks.
>
> I had heard that the DoD Metadata Registry (beta) was using ebXML, and
> I was wondering whose implementation they used.
>
> I have also heard that they defined their own profile of ebXML
> Registry.  Do you have any insight into that profile?

Not in terms of details but only high level. The profile defines
specific taxonomies, relationships, roles, queries etc. that are
specific to the
DoD use cases.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi

Coming to Java ONE 2005? If so check out Sun's Service Registry at Booth #802 in the Java ONE Pavillion.

Sun's Service Registry Web Site:
http://www.sun.com/products/soa/registry/

Press Release:
http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2005-06/sunflash.20050615.1.html