uddi-dev message

Subject: Re: [uddi-dev] Has anyone successfully managed to publish to UDDIusing JAX-RPC?

Alex Holmes wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am writing an open-source application to publish data to
>UDDI registries. Since development on UDDI4J has ceased (no
>version for UDDI v3 will be created), and publish/inquire
>WSDL's exist for UDDI v2/v3 publish, clearly JAX-RPC should
>be used.
>
>However, I've had no luck with either Apache Axis or Sun's
>JWSDP in this regard.  Apache Axis generates the SOAP and
>Java beans alright, but ignores the xml:lang on both Name
>and Description.  Which means reads work fine, but publishing
>is a problem, as the lang's are required attributes.
>
>The JWSDP wscompile doesn't seem to be able to deal with
>WSDL definitions with no service section (UDDI WSDL doesn't
>have one).
>
>Has anyone been able to successfully generate Java beans
>and SOAP classes AND used them to publish to UDDI, using
>JAX-RPC?
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Alex,

I believe that JAX-RPC from JWSDP 1.6 has been used successfully to
publish/discover to/from UDDI though I have not done so myself.
You may want to post to users@jwsdp.dev.java.net to get more direct
help. I would not be surprised if there exists a canned sample project
that does exactly what you are looking for.

Good luck.
--
Regards,
Farrukh