uddi-dev message

Greetings,

I am attempting to implement the subscription API.  I have a question
regarding tracking deletions.  According to the specification, a deleted
entity will have its operationalInfo record updated.

When a subscriber calls get_subscriptionResults, they are supposed to
receive deleted entities in a keyBag structure.  The keyBag structure
wraps keys in tags specific to the entity (tModel keys in tModelKey tag,
business keys in businessKey tag, etc).

So, the issue arises when trying to figure out what kind of entity was
deleted.  Per the UDDI specification, deleted entities are to be
permanently removed from the system.  So, I can query the operationalInfo
data to get the keys that were affected in the coverage period and check
that against all the various entity keys in the registry to find out which
ones no longer exist.  This gives me an accounting of keys affected in the
coverage period that were deleted.  However, I have no way of figuring out
what type of entity was deleted since the operationalInfo data does not
contain this information.  Thus, I cannot add keys to their specific
entity in the keyBag structure.

Is there a solution for this issue or perhaps something I might be missing
in the specification?

Best Regards,

--
Jeff Faath