uddi-ms message

Subject: RE: [uddi-ms] Candidature of Ian Bruce, Systinet for the UDDI.org MemberSection Steering Committee

---------------------- Forwarded by George Zagelow/Santa Teresa/IBM on 07/15/2004 08:47 AM ---------------------------

Please respond to <Ian.Bruce@systinet.com>

To: George Zagelow/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS, <uddi-ms@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc: <uddi-sc@lists.oasis-open.org>

I wanted to thank George Zagelow and Luc Clement for putting forward my
nomination for the Steering Committee and offer my services as Chair.

This is an exciting opportunity. My goals for the Member Section would be:

> Significantly extend and grow active membership and involvement in the
Member Section

> Develop UDDI.org into a destination site and resource center for adopters,
contributors, journalists and analysts interested in learning about and
furthering the development of UDDI

> Develop an integrated marketing campaign and outreach to:
- Users of the specification - vendors, enterprise architects and senior

IT management who are beginning the process of creating or deploying a UDDI
registry

- Prospective adopters of the standard who are grappling with how to
architect and deploy an effective SOA

- Journalists & Analysts interested in understanding the role and value
of UDDI and the progress, support and state-of-adoption of the standard

The overall goal will be to significantly raise awareness of UDDI and
effectively communicate the standard's importance and centrality for
creating a SOA.

Ian Bruce
Director of Marketing
Systinet Corporation