uddi-spec-comment message

Subject: Schema centric canonicalization

I was going through this as part for my understanding of UDDI V3. I
tried clarifying some of the doubts, here are some snippets...

<Snippet>
http://www.w3.org/2002/10/xsec-refactoring.html#Schema-XDSIG-work
3.1 Can XDSIG work with XML Schema applications?
...For XDSIG to adopt and support schema augmented infosets as its
native data model (and processing/transforms) it would have to be
modified to rely upon schema aware XPath 2.0 and related
specifications.
</Snippet>

<Snippet>
http://www.contentguard.com/reference/docs/EqualityContent.htm
Unfortunately, implementing Schema Centric Canonicalization is very
complex, and performing the full Schema Centric Canonicalization process
on an XrML element can be very time consuming. For this reason, the XrML
Specification recommends an equality algorithm that more quickly
addresses many common cases.
</Snippet>

Has anybody got answers for these...

i) Why is it in UDDI Space and why not in W3C/IETF effort?
ii) What is the reason for coming up with yet another standard and why
not add to the existing work?
iii) Are there any reference implementations available for the same?

Thanks,
Chandru.