Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] FW: Agenda for 9/13 OASIS UDDI Specification Technical Committee Meeting

Title: FW: Agenda for 9/13 OASIS UDDI Specification Technical Committee Meeting
Luc,

Thanks for the draft UDDI Spec TC Process.
Here are my initial comments and suggestions, all refering to the document's line numbers:

Typos
59 "identify refine and prioritize" should be "identify, refine, and prioritize"
101 "of one or more a Working Drafts" should be "of one or more Working Drafts"

Clarification
75 shouldn't "complete the Working Draft" be "complete a subcommittee Working Draft"?
85 shouldn't "basis of a TC Specification" be "basis of a TC Working Draft"?
128 shouldn't "The error process" be "The errata process"
163 This is the only time where the suggested uddi-spec Yahoo Group, proposed for our document management, is mentioned. There should be a more general note about this process in Chapter 3.

Suggestion
104 IMO, Candidate Drafts should be made public in order to get public feedback as early as possible.
114-123 IMO, we do not need a "Committee Draft Specification". Three steps (Working Draft, Candidate Draft and Committee Specification should be sufficient, since there is also the possible subsequent status of an OASIS specification (usual OASIS process).
134 Rather than talking about errors only, I suggest to state "When an error, inconsistency, or unintentional ambiguity is discovered".
138 Rather than having debates about individual errata items on two separate mailing lists, I suggest to use the uddi-spec mailing list only and to inform those who introduced the item on the uddi-spec-comment list about the TC's consensus later.
168 I am not sure if a 2/3 majority vote of the TC membership may be reasonable, but why is it more "difficult" to get a TC errata approved than the TC specification itself (a 2/3 vote of TC members, with no more than 1/4 objecting)?
172-175 I don't see a need for a separate process for "specification change requests". The errata process should cover all items, including those from the UDDI Operator's Council.
189 Rather than talking about "Vendor Publications" I suggest to name this kind of note "Usage Idea".

Talk to you on Friday.

Best regards,
 Claus