Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] Agenda for Thursday 9/26 Meeting of the OASIS UDD I TC

Tom,

Issue that Clause has raised is our concern as well. My WS-I representatives
has also requested a clarification on this. Can we please add this to our
discussion as something that needs to be addressed immediately (given the
current implementations of UDDIs (which are UDDIv2 compliant and are likely
to fail UDDI from passing WS-I basic profile).

Thanks,
Alok
----- Original Message -----
From: "Von Riegen, Claus" <claus.von.riegen@sap.com>
To: "'Tom Bellwood'" <bellwood@us.ibm.com>; <uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 3:55 AM
Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Agenda for Thursday 9/26 Meeting of the OASIS UDD I
TC

| Hi Tom,
|
| I'd like to add an item to the agenda.
| The WS-I Basic Profile Working Group currently discusses the role of
charset encodings for senders and receivers in Web service applications. The
current resolution on this issue is that senders may send either UTF-8 or
UTF-16, and that receivers must be able to receive both UTF-8 and UTF-16.
| We should either give the Basic Profile Working Group good arguments for
UDDI's choice to constrict the UDDI APIs to UTF-8 or face the fact that UDDI
will not conform to the Basic Profile and possibly take an action item for
specification enhancements.