Subject: RE: [regrep] RE: [uddi-spec] ebXML Registry / UDDI Convergence

Anne, et al,

This detailed UDDI/ebXML RegRep tModel design and development effort has
been started by me on the OASIS ebXML Registry TC and continued by me and Ed
Mooney (of Sun) while we were both a part of the UDDI.org WG.

Ed had the latest draft of a paper that fully describes these proposed
tModels and usage examples.  I strongly urge whoever picks this effort up to
start there.  Please do not start from scratch.  The latest work is
considered a in-progress Technical Note of the new OASIS UDDI TC.  The
edit/review cycles were interrupted by UDDI's recent transition to OASIS.
The new UDDI TC is cleaning up its TN/Best Practice process.

Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:anne@manes.net]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 7:37 AM
To: David RR Webber - XMLGlobal
Cc: uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org; 'Matthew MacKenzie'; Von Riegen,
Claus; regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

I would certainly propose a few technical notes. (I co-authored one for
ebXML a while ago which spoke about using UDDI to find ebXML registries.) I
proposed a much more extensive effort to create a set of UDDI tModels that
describe ebXML registries, the APIs to access ebXML registries, as well as
uddi-org:types categorizations to represent ebXML services, but I was met by
quite a bit of resistance from the ebXML team.

I'd propose that we start a joint subcommittee to explore integration
strategies.

Anne