Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] WSDL TN: Issue 6 - WSDL Entity Type for service a ndport

John,

Please find <CvR>my comments</CvR> below.

Claus

-----Original Message-----
From: John Colgrave [mailto:colgrave@hursley.ibm.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 20. November 2002 15:47
To: uddi-spec
Subject: [uddi-spec] WSDL TN: Issue 6 - WSDL Entity Type for service and
port

The thinking here is similar to the protocol/transport discussion in that
tagging a businessService with the WSDL entity type of service and a
bindingTemplate with a WSDL entity type of port allows efficient searching
for just those types of entity without finding, for example,
businessServices that have nothing to do with WSDL or SOAP/HTTP services
that have nothing to do with WSDL.

How else could you find all businessServices that have a corresponding WSDL
service?

<CvR>IMO, this is not a relevant requirement, based on my response to "WSDL TN: Issue 1 - mapping between wsdl:service and uddi:businessService".</CvR>

How else could you find all bindingTemplates that have a corresponding WSDL
port?

<CvR>IMO, this is a requirment of minor importance. I'd rather like to find all bindingTemplates that conform to a given technical fingerprint, that is, a binding tModel.
Or I want to know whether a given bindingTemplate conforms to the WSDL TN V2. In that case, I check its technical fingerprint on whether or not it contains a tModelKey of a binding tModel, that is, a tModel categorized with the value "binding" of the WSDL Type category system.

If you really want to find ALL bindingTemplates that refer to any binding tModel, you would do a query as follows.

<find_binding xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v3">
    <findQualifiers>
        <findQualifier>orAllKeys</findQualifier>
    </findQualifiers>
    <find_tModel xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v3">
        <categoryBag>
            <keyedReference
                tModelKey="uddi:uddi.org:wsdl:types"
                keyValue="binding" />
        </categoryBag>
    </find_tModel>
</find_binding>

Depending on the number of existing binding tModels, this query could be very complex and its result might be truncated anyway due to UDDI node policy.</CvR>

I can imagine a tool wanting to provide a browsing capability that might
issue these sorts of query.

John