Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] WSDL TN: Issue 6 - WSDL Entity Type for service andport

Claus,

Comments below, as usual.  (I must figure out how to define a macro.)

John
----- Original Message -----
From: "Von Riegen, Claus" <claus.von.riegen@sap.com>
To: "'John Colgrave'" <colgrave@hursley.ibm.com>; "uddi-spec"
<uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 9:00 AM
Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] WSDL TN: Issue 6 - WSDL Entity Type for service a
nd port

> John,
>
> Please find <CvR>my comments</CvR> below.
>
> Claus

WSDL
> service?
>
> <CvR>IMO, this is not a relevant requirement, based on my response to
"WSDL TN: Issue 1 - mapping between wsdl:service and
uddi:businessService".</CvR>

<JC>
I guess then we will have to leave this until issue 1 is resolved.
</JC>

> How else could you find all bindingTemplates that have a corresponding
WSDL
> port?
>
> <CvR>IMO, this is a requirment of minor importance. I'd rather like to
find all bindingTemplates that conform to a given technical fingerprint,
that is, a binding tModel.
> Or I want to know whether a given bindingTemplate conforms to the WSDL TN
V2. In that case, I check its technical fingerprint on whether or not it
contains a tModelKey of a binding tModel, that is, a tModel categorized with
the value "binding" of the WSDL Type category system.

> If you really want to find ALL bindingTemplates that refer to any binding
tModel, you would do a query as follows.

> <find_binding xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v3">
>     <findQualifiers>
>         <findQualifier>orAllKeys</findQualifier>
>     </findQualifiers>
>     <find_tModel xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v3">
>         <categoryBag>
>             <keyedReference
>                 tModelKey="uddi:uddi.org:wsdl:types"
>                 keyValue="binding" />
>         </categoryBag>
>     </find_tModel>
> </find_binding>
>
> Depending on the number of existing binding tModels, this query could be
very complex and its result might be truncated anyway due to UDDI node
policy.</CvR>

<JC>
And in V2?

As you point out yourself, this could end up as a very complex query.

The TN approach supports both V2 and V3 with relatively efficient queries.

You can, of course, also do the more precise queries you want to do with the
TN approach.
</JC>