Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] Schema for taxonomies

The areas of taxonomy access, validation and management are all very useful.
From the papers and notes that we have seen in this list as well as from our
own experience, it is clear that this will be very useful addition to UDDI
apis.

Thanks Max for bringing this up.
Alok
----- Original Message -----
From: "Von Riegen, Claus" <claus.von.riegen@sap.com>
To: "'Max Voskob'" <mvoskob@msi.com.au>; <uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 10:11 AM

| Max,
|
| I support the idea to extend our work to the area of taxonomy management.
| This may also include the management of non-hierarchical taxonomies and
the mapping between different taxonomies.

| Claus

document is worth our attention.
| Please, feel free to say that it's all crap and we have bigger problems to
solve.

| See my initial question and Luc's response down below for quick background
information.

| The attached schema was developed for an in-house solution based on UDDI
and it is just to give you an idea how the schema may look like. This schema
is documented from inside. Please, use an advanced XML editor to see the
documentation tags.

uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org <mailto:uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org>
| Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 2:08 PM
| Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Schema for taxonomies
|
| Max,
|
| Unfortunately, there is nothing that has been published by the UDDI.org
Working Group or this TC to date. This is clearly an area that deserves some
attention.

| To support the needs of Microsoft's UDDI customers, Microsoft has created
a schema and an API to navigate and retrieve valued from a given value set.
The API is entitled the get_relatedCategories. The schema used to support
these value sets is available at http://uddi.microsoft.com/extensions.xsd
| <http://uddi.microsoft.com/extensions.xsd> .
|
| We've recently published an article that describes the API and the schema.
You can access the article at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnuddi/html
/travtreeuddi.asp
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnuddi/htm
l/travtreeuddi.asp> . You
| might also want to look at a companion article at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnuddi/html
/impmetadata.asp
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnuddi/htm
l/impmetadata.asp> .