Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] AR019 Completed - Update of v2 tModels in preparationfor submission of V2 as an OASIS Std.

Title: Message
As usual, a sharp eye. Updates made and available at:

From: Von Riegen, Claus [mailto:claus.von.riegen@sap.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 08:09
To: Luc Clement; uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Luc,

The text of the UDDI Operators Taxonomy tModel (in the Taxonomy tModels doc) still reads:

Section 9.1: "UDDI provides a mechanism that may be used by publishers to identify businessEntities according to any number of identification systems. (See UDDI Version 2 API Specification [1] and UDDI Version 2 Data Structure Reference [2] for more information on how to use identitification systems in UDDI.) This section defines a tModel used to identify a businessEntity as belonging to a node operator in a registry in which the businessEntity appears."

Section 9.1.1: "Each UDDI registry -- e.g., the public UDDI Business Registry -- consists of a number of operator nodes. Each operator in a registry has a special businessEntity associated with it, called its "operational businessEntity". The businessServices in this businessEntity represent web services that relate to the operator's role as one of the operators in the registry. The validate_values services used with checked taxonomies and identifier systems, for example, are located in the operational businessEntity of the registry node operator who has custody of them.

The uddi:operators identifier system is designed to allow reliable identification of the registry's "operational businessEntities" so that operators and others can locate the businessServices associated with the operators of the registry.

This checked value set is used to categorize the businessEntity of a UDDI operator. Each such businessEntity SHOULD be categorized with the uddi-org:operators taxonomy."

And should be changed to read:

Section 9.1: "UDDI provides a mechanism that may be used by publishers to categorize businessEntities according to any number of category systems. (See UDDI Version 2 API Specification [1] and UDDI Version 2 Data Structure Reference [2] for more information on how to use category systems in UDDI.) This section defines a tModel used to categorize a businessEntity as belonging to the group of node operators in a registry in which the businessEntity appears."

Section 9.1.1: "Each UDDI registry -- e.g., the public UDDI Business Registry -- consists of a number of operator nodes. Each operator in a registry has a special businessEntity associated with it, called its "operational businessEntity". The businessServices in this businessEntity represent web services that relate to the operator's role as one of the operators in the registry. The validate_values services used with checked taxonomies and identifier systems, for example, are located in the operational businessEntity of the registry node operator who has custody of them.

The uddi:operators category system is designed to allow reliable categorization of the registry's "operational businessEntities" so that operators and others can locate the businessServices associated with the operators of the registry.

This checked value set is used to categorize the businessEntity of a UDDI operator. Each such businessEntity SHOULD be categorized with the uddi-org:operators taxonomy."

I hope that's it so far ...

Claus