Subject: [uddi-spec] UTF-16 Change Request update

After some discussion about the current UTF-16 change request in general and issues around the character encoding specification in the XML declaration in particular, Andrew Hately and myself came to the conclusion to
- let the UTF-16 CR focus on the adoption of UTF-16
- add a separate change request that focuses on necessary modifications to the character encoding specification in the XML declaration - both UDDI V2 and V3 currently require this although RFC 3023 (XML Media Types) says it is to be ignored.

Thus, you can find the newest UTF-16 change request. Andrew is likely to create a separate change request in the near future.

Feedback is more than welcome. Also, I'd like to add an item on the agenda for our next conference call in order to close any outstanding issues on this CR.

Thanks,
 Claus
 <<uddi-spec-tc-cr-utf16-20030117.doc>>