Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] AR 007 Clarification needed on IP

I forgot to mention, it's section 10 of RFC 2026 that discusses IP.

My assumption is that we will want to publish a direct excerpt from the UDDI Version 3 specification for "URI Scheme Formal Syntax Definition and Character Encoding".  The material for the second, third and fourth parts of the registration, "Intended Usage", "Applications and/or protocols, which may use UDDI URL scheme" and  "Security Considerations"  will be new material with references to the UDDI specification.

I am also looking for clarification with respect to which of these three statements on IP the IETF groups consider appropriate for URI Scheme registration:

This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with all provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026 [  Bradner, S., "The Internet Standards Process -- Revision 3", BCP 9, RFC 2026, October 1996.].

This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with all provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026 except that the right to produce derivative works is not granted.

This document is an Internet-Draft and is NOT offered in accordance with Section 10 of RFC2026, and the author does not provide the IETF with any rights other than to publish as an Internet-Draft

Andrew Hately
IBM Austin
UDDI Development, Emerging Technologies
Lotus Notes: Andrew Hately/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Internet: hately@us.ibm.com

Andrew Hately/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

01/21/2003 03:08 PM

uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[uddi-spec] AR 007 Clarification needed on IP

RE: AR 007

We need to review the IP section of http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2026.txt for registration of a URI scheme with IANA