Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Namespace management (corrected spelling)

Max,

It could certainly make for an interesting discussion, particularly
since it is substantiated by specific client references.  We do have
UDDI managing WSDL registrations and there is really nothing technically
preventing anyone from, say, registering process specifications or
schema references in UDDI using tModels (other than that there are no
use cases or guidance for doing so in a uniform and recognizable way).

In terms of business content, I - and UnitSpace - see UDDI already being
a registry of content *services*; these services are where business
information entities can be discovered, retrieved and managed.  But
there is a difference between maintaining service metadata and business
content.  Extending UDDI to perform business content management would
require substantial, though probably backwards-compatible, changes to
the information model and the API's.  My fear is that most business
content has a different profile that metadata with regard to security,
applicable operations, functional role and target users, although that's
debatable and perhaps a plausible alignment other than proposed above
("UDDI is a registry of content services, which in turn manage content")
is possible.

I guess it would be helpful to understand more specifically what is
being proposed for discussion.  My questions to Max therefore are:
1. What sort of information artifacts are you referring to?
2. Specifically, what are the attempted multiple purposes of using UDDI
that you came across?

Best regards,
Daniel