Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] TN idea: link tags for UDDI

I think it is important that we devise technical solutions to support
expanded applicability of UDDI and its accessibility (service delivery)
through various meaningful channels.  Paul's proposed methods would result
in users' ability to neatly weave UDDI into semi-structured Web and business
documents that could be substantially broad in nature.  I believe this would
be helpful, but I think industry acceptance is something that needs to be
addressed.  Even a helpful TN would not do much good unless it is broadly
implemented.  In my view this TN risks being ignored, unless we identify and
promote sufficiently powerful value that would drive its adoption (say,
Microsoft embeds this functionality in IE, which instantly makes it a
simple-to-implement competitive parity feature for other browser makers).
In case of its successful adoption it would positively contribute to UDDI -
and particularly UBR - adoption.

In terms of implementation, I don't think SOAP API or WSIL are relevant in
this context, because UDDI's discoveryURL feature enables businessEntity
retrieval using HTTP GET, which is all that is needed.

Daniel

m#_Toc25130759
[2] http://www.bookmarklets.com/
[3] http://diveintomark.org/projects/misc/autorss/amphetadesk.html