Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Updated V4 Requirements List

Hi Max, et al

In the UDDI Vx Requirements Development Phase we utilized a process that
allowed us to manage the requirements while still pursuing some
"recommendations."  I believe that this offers a more realistic view of
the requirement.  You get a sense of how "do-able" the work is.  The
sponsor for the requirement maintained this.  Most interested in that
requirement participated in the development and the related discussions.
I hope that this may help you.

We had a simple form/document with the following outline:
- Requirement No:
- Requirement Name:
- Sponsor:
- Problem Statement:
- Disposition: (with sub-headings of
	Ranking (H,M,L - see below), Classification (C1-C4 - see below),

	And which Work Team was the lead on this
- Scenarios - Call these use Cases if you need to.  Some were very
simple.
- Recommended Solutions
- Alternatives

Classifications:
1.	Standard and required (This is a part of UDDI, in the spec.
	You must do it.  You must do it this way.)
2.	Standard but not required (this is a part of UDDI, in the spec.
	You do not need to do it.  If you do you must do it this way)
3.	Best practices (if you're going to do it ... do it this way)
      a) UDDI only
      b) UDDI with other technologies (we're not endorsing it,
	We are simply recognizing the value of convergence on a
	single methodology)
4.	Things we specifically don't want to deal with

Ranking:
H	High - Required content for Vx
M	Medium - Desirable for Vx
L	Low - Interesting but not required for Vx

Joel Munter, Intel
desk: 480.552.3076