Subject: Review of WS-I Basic Profile requirements related to UDDI

Title: Review of WS-I Basic Profile requirements related to UDDI

All,

I just uploaded the WS-I Basic Profile 1.0 Board Approval Draft (dated April 3, 2003) to our document section at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/download.php/1905/BasicProfile-1.0-BdAD.htm.

Provided that we have enough time on our regular conference call tomorrow, I'd like to walk through the Basic Profile requirements that are related to UDDI. You can find them in sections 6 (basic UDDI requirements) and 3.5 (conformance annotation for UDDI).

Also, sections 3.1 and 3.2 define the terms REGISTRY (a UDDI registry), REGDATA (UDDI registrations), INSTANCE (a Web service that implements a wsdl:port or a uddi:bindingTemplate). The first requirement (R0001 in section 3.2) requires that a Web service MUST be described by a WSDL service description, by a UDDI bindingTemplate, or both.

Thanks,
 Claus