Subject: TN idea: Searching UBR for UDDI servers

How do I search the UDDI Business Registry (UBR), or any UDDI server, to
discover other UDDI servers that may be registered there?

UDDI servers must support the SOAP Inquiry interface, so the UDDI binding
should contain a tModelKey=
"UUID:AC104DCC-D623-452F-88A7-F8ACD94D9B2B", which is the well-known tModel
named "uddi-org:inquiry_v2" [1].

If I send to the UBR this message:

<find_business generic="2.0" maxRows="50" xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2">
     <tModelBag>
         <tModelKey>UUID:AC104DCC-D623-452F-88A7-F8ACD94D9B2B</tModelKey>
     </tModelBag>
</find_business>

then I get only 5 businesses:  the 4 UBR nodes and Systinet.

I expected other private UDDI servers to be registered in UBR.  Maybe there
are others published in UBR, but doing so in a way that can't be discovered
using the find_business above.

We need a TN/BP to spell out how to register private UDDI nodes in UBR (or
in other private UDDI registries).

For example, different UDDI registries may be created within large
organizations (.mil may have UDDI registries in disa.mil, af.mil navy.mil,
army.mil, etc.).  These may be different registries, not just different
operator nodes of one large registry.  I want to be able to have Air Force
web services register in the af.mil UDDI, Navy web services register in the
navy.mil UDDI, Army web services in the army.mil UDDI, etc.  But I want the
af.mil, navy.mil, and army.mil UDDI servers to be registered in the
disa.mil UDDI server.  A web service consumer application for the Army may
search only the Army UDDI, but a "joint" application may need to search any
and all UDDI registries within .mil.  So if the app is connected to an Army
subnet, it may be able to find the Army UDDI server, and from there find
the others.

The same thing may happen if two (or more) corporations merge, and each had
its own UDDI server.  Maybe eventually the individual registries can be
merged in to one, but there may be reasons to keep them separate, although
loosely linked or federated.  By "federated" I mean simply that UDDI
servers from one UDDI registry are published in another UDDI registry.  I
am not suggesting any sort of chaining.  Such a TN/BP may lay the
foundation for layering a referral capability on top of the basic UDDI
infrastructure.  Providing a TN/BP as I suggest above would help.

Note that searching UBR for an "operational businessEntity" would not
return businesses associated with non-UBR operators:

<find_business generic="2.0" maxRows="50" xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2">
<categoryBag>
   <keyedReference tModelKey="uuid:327a56f0-3299-4461-bc23-5cd513e95c55"
keyName="" keyValue="node" />
</categoryBag>
</find_business>

[1]