Subject: Use of UDDI.org as a means of promoting...

A few meetings ago, the topic of where to post non-normative tModels came up in a discussion; we never concluded this discussion. I'd like to revive it and obtain your input on this.

Background

As some of you may know, during the course of the v3 spec development, we removed from the spec those tModels and value sets that were not considered appropriate to make normative. These include the following:

 find a way to promulgate UBR tModels (http://uddisc.microsoft.com/OC/Documents/UBR%20tModels%20and%20Taxonomy%20Data/tModels) - which is long overdue.

Proposal

The proposal suggests the addition of a "Common tModels" navigation link which displays the content of the attached. Also note that it suggests the addition of another nav link "UDDI Business Registry" to describe and provide a forum for the UBR - George, we need to discuss this as a separate topic.

Please review the proposal.

To Do:

A. I would like to discuss criteria for what gets published on the page.

B. I would like to discuss the selection criteria and the process.

Once we complete this discussion, the next step would be for us to make a request to the UDDI-SC asking for this content to be posted; there is a prerequisite need for us to complete our work on v2 and v3 UBR tModels though perhaps we can submit the request to the SC in anticipation of the need. The UDDI-SC in turn will take this to the UDDI Spec TC where it will be discussed and refined; Tom and I can help things along in the TC and George can assist in the SC.