Subject: [uddi-spec] Inconsistency in find_xx return structures - second try

Title: Message
Sorry, the first mail contained diagrams as embedded objects. I attached them now.

Claus

-----Original Message-----
From: Von Riegen, Claus
Sent: Freitag, 23. Mai 2003 15:57
Cc: Lhermine, Thierry
Subject: [uddi-spec] Inconsistency in find_xx return structures

One of my colleagues at SAP made the observation that the serviceList return structure, which is included in the response message to a find_service API call, does not contain the descriptions of businessService elements being found.

<<...OLE_Obj...>>

While this is true for all versions of UDDI, it is inconsistent with the return structures for find_businss (businessList) and find_tModel (tModelList). In these cases, the description for the businessEntity or the tModel is returned within the businessInfo or tModelInfo, respectively. (Note that there is no similarity for bindingTemplates - they are always returned in a bindingDetail structure).

Before actually drafting a change request (for V3), I'd like to get an overview on your opinion: is this inconsistency worth to change V3 as follows?

<<...OLE_Obj...>>

Pros

Cons

Thoughts?