Subject: First draft of CR-036 (changes to key hashing) uploaded

I have uploaded the first draft of CR-036.

As agreed, I have not changed the table.

I have not updated the reference to the Leach draft as I believe that was
incorporated into CR-002.

An updated version of the Leach draft formed the basis of the registration
document for a UUID URN Namespace, but that document expired on April 1,
2003.  If you want to look at it anyway, you can find it at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mealling-uuid-urn-00.txt

There is an online version of the description of the original DCE UUIDs
available at http://www.opengroup.org

I ended up regenerating keys for 41 entities, all but one of them tModels.
Of these, only 9 or 10 would not have been affected by the case-folding
change so I think we did the right thing is changing the name space ID used
in the algorithm.

I think it would be a good idea for someone, ideally with a "little-endian"
implementation, to update it with the new name space ID and the
case-folding, and check that they produce the same keys.

John Colgrave
IBM