Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] Use of UDDI.org as a means of promoting TC, UBR, Std Group and Consortium tModels and Value Sets

I have been thinking about this sort of thing lately, and it seems related
to the W3C TAG's namespaceDocument issue [1].

Need a TN/BP like the WSDL BP, where a tModel overviewURL points to a RDDL
[2] file, which then can point to all sort of things.  The machine-readable
rddl:nature and rddl:purpose attributes are machine readable and can be
used by apps to get to more appropriate links (e.g., to download a taxonomy
in OWL).

This proposed RDDL TN would require a taxonomy [3] with keyValue="rddlSpec"
to be included in the categoryBag of tModels whose overviewURL point to a
RDDL file.

We may also want tModels whose overviewURL is a URI used for the
rddl:nature or rddl:purpose; these tModels' categoryBag might have
keyValue="rddl:nature" and rddl:purpose, respectively.  That way I can
search for tModels whose categoryBag is a rddl:nature.  Since rddl:nature
attribute values are URIs, and it might have a RDDL file, the same tModel
may also be classified as rddlSpec (if I can do HTTP GET on the overviewURL
and retrieve a RDDL file).

I started creating the tModels [3][4] and an example to illustrate this,
but I ran into the issue of publishing tModels that use unchecked
taxonomies in their categoryBag.  That is, UBR browser interfaces do not
support it.  So I went looking [5] for an existing tool rather than develop
an app that uses the SOAP publish API.  So currently my example [4] is not
yet classified using [3].

My 2 cents worth.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#namespaceDocument-8
[2] http://www.tbray.org/tag/rddl4.html