Subject: Discussion on RFC 3023 initiated by W3C TAG

FYI... I've been following this discussion and it does not seem to be getting traction, but I thought the rest of the UDDI implementors should be aware that the W3C TAG is reviewing RFC3023 behavior.

I think we can continue to assume that what we have specified is OK for now but we need to follow this issue.

Andrew Hately
IBM Austin
UDDI Development, Emerging Technologies
Lotus Notes: Andrew Hately/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Internet: hately@us.ibm.com
(512) 838-2866,  t/l 678-2866

----- Forwarded by Andrew Hately/Austin/IBM on 09/24/2003 11:09 AM -----

Yes, the tag list is public (not all W3C lists are, so it pays to check).  The link to the entry for Tim's note is at [1], and as you can see from the URL it's in the public part of the W3C Archive space.  Feel free to forward it.  Anyone who wants to contribute to the list should probably look at [2] first, so you might want to pass on that hint. Thanks for checking.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Sep/0042.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/#mail-policy

Noah Mendelsohn

Is this from a publicly readable mailing list and is it OK to forward this discussion to the OASIS UDDI TC?  It would be good for that TC to be aware of possible churn around SOAP message parsing with respect to the HTTP header handling.

Andrew Hately

For those who don't follow the W3C Tag....

Noah Mendelsohn                              Voice: 1-617-693-4036
IBM Corporation                                Fax: 1-617-693-8676
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

----- Forwarded by Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM on 09/16/2003 01:54 PM -----
Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>