Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] elementFormDefault in uddi_v3policy.xsd

John,

I've come accross a few situations when parsers did not use the default
values correctly.
If we make this change now it may impact on some existing implementations
that try to use the new schemas.
There is no harm in keeping the values specified even if they specify the
default values, I think.

The default values for these attributes are unqualified (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#declare-schema)

Cheers,
Max

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Colgrave" <colgrave@hursley.ibm.com>
To: "'UDDI Spec TC'" <uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 8:30 AM

I am working my way through the changes to the 3.0.1 schemas and WSDL, as
discussed in the last call.  One of the changes I suggested was to remove
the use of attributeFormDefault and elementFormDefault when the default
value was specified.  In looking through the schemas for such occurrences, I
noticed that in uddi_v3policy.xsd the elementFormDefault has a value of
unqualified, which is the default value, but I am not sure that it is the
correct value for elementFormDefault as that is specified as qualified in
the other schemas.

Before I remove this attribute from this schema, can someone confirm that
unqualified is the correct value for this schema?

John Colgrave
IBM

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/members/leave_workgroup.php.