Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Changes to UDDI Schemas and WSDL to support code generation

I was, in fact citing and quoting JAX-RPC 1.1. Although Sun claims that
JAX-RPC 1.1 is WS-I compliant, it does not comply with WS-I rule:

    R2800 A DESCRIPTION MAY use any construct from XML Schema 1.0.

JAX-RPC 1.1 says that support for a number of XML Schema structures is
optional. See the XML Schema appendix, Table 18-1, page 134. A JAX-RPC
implementation is not required to support the following structures:
- union
- nested arrays
- arrays with instances of any subtype of the specified array type
- anyType
- choice
- group
- derivation of complex types by restriction
- abstract types
- derived types -- final, fixed, or block attributes
- ENTITY, NOTATION, IDREF

Given that the JAX-RPC spec is not compliant with WS-I, I don't think we
should constrain our WSDLs to the XML subset defined by Sun.

I agree with Matthew that lack of support for xsd:choice is a bug in an
implementation -- whether or not it is a requirement in JAX-RPC.

Anne