Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Changes to UDDI Schemas and WSDL to support code generation

> I agree with Matthew that lack of support for xsd:choice is a
> bug in an
> implementation -- whether or not it is a requirement in JAX-RPC.

Sorry, I should have clarified the particular bug, it isn't the choice
but the particular construct of have a choice of an element and sequence
where the sequence has an element with the same name as the other
element in the choice.

Axis (not sure about JAX-RPC) handles choice in the following way

A choice such as

<choice>
  <element name="one" type="string"/>
  <element name="two" type="string"/>
</choice>

Would generate a Java object with two properties

  String one;
  String two;

The serializer would throw an exception if both are non-null. This works
well.

However, in the case of

<choice>
   <element name="one" type="string"/>
   <sequence>
     <element name="one" type="string"/>
     <element name="two" type="string"/>
   </sequence>
</choice>

Our generated Java object has the following properties

String one;
String one;
String two;

Which wo'n't compile (without a little hand editing...)

Still a bug IMHO...

Matthew