Hi Tony,

I guess we're talking about different things. I've no concern about deletion
of publisher assertions. And I understand the part that you can view the
whole assertion as a unique key (a bit odd/inconsistent but acceptable).

Rather, after a publisher assertion is been deleted,
how is this 'change' been reflected in UDDI subscription result.

To make it a bit more concrete, consider a UDDI subscription established
using get_assertionStatusReport inquiry. If one assertionStatusItem is gone due
to a removal of publisher assertion, how shoud we construct
subscriptionResultsList? Where do we show the fact that the assertionStatusItem's
been removed? Do we put the whole assertionStatusItem in the keyBag, or just
the assertion, ... etc.

Thanks,

Zhe (Alan) Wu
Oracle UDDI Server Team

Rogers, Tony wrote:
The bag inside a delete_publisherAssertions request isn't a keyBag, it's a bag of publisher assertions.

When you delete a publisher assertion you don't do so by specifying its key. You do so by specifying all the parts that make that publisher assertion unique - that's the two business keys and the relationship keyed reference. I suppose you could call the composite of those three things a synthetic key, if you wanted to, but that's stretching things a bit

Tony Rogers
tony.rogers@ca.com