Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] RQ 11-14 and semantics

John,

Thanx for the comment. I know the doco is far from perfect.
I posted a newer version - Part I of 2.
I hope the new one makes more sense.

Will finish Part II tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
Max

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Colgrave" <colgrave@hursley.ibm.com>
To: "'Max Voskob'" <max.voskob@paradise.net.nz>; "'uddi-spec'"
<uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 28 January 2004 09:00

Max,

As an example, you have a requirement tx-3 saying no changes to UDDI
key-name-value categorization and identification bags should be required,
and based on this in section 2.1.2 you say that it is overkill to use XTM,
OWL or RDF, however in the Requirements Summary, in item 10, there is a
priority 1 requirement, actually an anti-requirement, not to develop our own
TDL.

I have questioned tx-3 in the past and all I am saying is that we have to
decide very early on how much UDDI-specific work we want to do.  The answer
to this will help determine the requirements we have to address in UDDI.

John Colgrave
IBM