Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] Groups - uddi-spec-tc-prop023-keyedReferenceGroup-20040209.docuploaded

Hi Matthew,

I agree that there is redundancy between the first two scenarios you list, but I'm not sure I like getting rid of it entirely if that means we leave things simpler to use. I can probably be convinced by strong opinions here though. Regarding scenario 3, ("Using a range with upperEndpoint=10 and another range with lowerEndpoint=20 in a conjunctive OR"), this doesn't make sense to me.  I define a lowerEndpoint to always be <= upperEndpoint, at least that was the intention, hence the need to allow inversion of the criteria (by some means), which would yield a criteria outside these bounds.  Allowing the transposition of lower and upper bounds does not seem intuitive behavior to me, so I would submit that this scenario should be considered invalid.  Do you agree?

Thanks,
Tom Bellwood Phone: (512) 838-9957 (external); TL: 678/9957 (internal)
IBM Digital Media Standards Project Office Lead
Co-Chair, OASIS UDDI Specification TC
STSM - Emerging Technologies
IBM Corporation