Subject: Update to the "Representing Web Services Quality of Service Information in UDDI" Technical Note

I took an AR coming out of the 9 Mar "UDDI QoS Metrics TechNote" Telecon to write up an alternative to what Adam and Fred had proposed.

I've posted the update to http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/uddi-spec/download.php/6231/uddi-spec-tc-tn-QoS-metrics-20040402.doc ; my appologies for adding a revision to the current version of the document - Kavi "got stupid" on me (arg!!).

This update to the TN:
a. adds editorial comments
b. moves the original Section 3 Recommended Solution to section 2.4, and
c. adds section 2.5 which describes how QoS-management services are bound to managed-services in a UDDI registry; where to expose aggregated metrics that are desired to be exposed in a UDDI registry; and how to discover the QoS-management services managing a Web service instance. Publication and subsequent discovery of QoS-management services allows set and get operations to be performed, for example, so as to configure the QoS-management service, read settings, and obtain information such as real-time data related to a given managed-service. The model and the set of supporting definitions are described in this section.  As such, this proposal integrates both aspects of management described in section 2.4 – that is, a means of collecting aggregate metrics and a means of identifying the service which can be invoked to obtain real-time metrics.

Luc Clément

Web:        www.iclement.net/luc
Cell:         425.941.0150