Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] Logistics for UDDI TC meeting at IBM in San Francisco June28-30

I forgot to include parking information for the IBM office at 425 Market St.  There is no parking reserved specifically for IBM employees or visitors, so I don't really recommend driving to the office and I generally walk from the hotel or the closest transit stop.

The parking information I have for the site is:

"Attended parking is located in the basement of the building (415-495-3578), entering on Fremont Street. Hours are from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm., Monday-Friday. The current fee is $28.00 per day, and the garage is usually full by 9:00 am.

The 50 Fremont Garage (415-543-5556) will offer public parking on Monday thru Friday. Saturdays from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Customers expecting to stay beyond the 4:00 pm closing time should prepay with the valet parking attendant. To exit after 4:00 pm patrons will need to notify the security officer in the 50 Fremont Building's lobby. "

Regards,

Andrew Hately
IBM Austin
UDDI Development, Emerging Technologies
Lotus Notes: Andrew Hately/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Internet: hately@us.ibm.com
(512) 838-2866,  t/l 678-2866

Andrew Hately/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

06/09/2004 02:25 PM

uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[uddi-spec] Logistics for UDDI TC meeting at IBM in San Francisco June 28-30

The meeting location will be 425 Market St. San Francisco, 94105.  The building is on the corner of Market and Fremont (see picture in this link http://www.shorensteinsf.com/propdescfacts.cfm?bldgid=14 )  The meeting rooms we are using are in the IBM office on the 25th floor.  For the first day, the room is Classroom 2, and for the second and third day we will be in the Executive Briefing Meeting Room (a meeting room behind the glass wall right when you walk in).

On the first day, Monday, June 28th you will need to check in with building security on the first floor to get a visitor badge.  I will arrive early (8:30am) and meet most people at the front door.  I will be sending everyone's names to the site security/badge desk this week. You may need to check in at this desk everyday, I will let you know when I hear back from the site security people. If your name is not on this list and you plan to attend, please let me know as soon as possible:

Bellwood, Tom (IBM)

Cahuzac, Maud (France Telecom)

Clement, Luc (Systinet)

Feygin, Daniel  (Unitspace)

Hately, Andrew  (IBM)

Kochman, Rob (Microsoft)

Morgenthal, JP (Software AG)

Novotny, Mirek (Systinet)

Paolucci, Massimo (Individual)

Rogers, Tony (Computer Associates)

Sycara, Katia (Individual)

von Riegen, Claus (SAP AG)

Wu, Zhe (Oracle)

Lunch will be provided in the meeting room (typical meeting fare, salad and sandwiches).  Please let me know by next Wednesday, June 16, 2004,  if you have any dietary restrictions.

We are not planning any dinner or evening events, but there are plenty of excellent restaurants to choose from in the downtown area and we can make reservations during the day if desired.

Hotel Information:

I will be sending these details to those listed as attending or TBD attendees in a seperate email and would appreciate a reply within 24 hours.

Due to other conferences going on in SF during the week, hotel room availability seems limited and the rates are higher than normal.  In order to make it a little easier to get a room, I have asked for a block of ten rooms (including myself and Tom) at the Palace hotel (www.sfpalace.com).  If I've counted the people travelling from other cities and that is the correct number of rooms, the rate will be $139 per night for July 27th check-in and July 1st check-out.  I need to send the names of people to the hotel and check-in and check-out dates as soon as possible and they will respond to me with reservation codes and set up a reservation at the appropriate rate.   After the group reservation is setup and I send you a reservation number, you will need to call the hotel to confirm the reservation with a credit card. This hotel is very close to the meeting (only a few blocks from 425 market st) and is one of the nicest hotels in downtown San Francisco and this rate is a discount from the $269 room rate if you were to book the hotel directly.  From a quick search on travel web sites, I think it would be difficult to find a better rate unless you are staying outside the city and driving in for the meeting.

If people would prefer to arrange their own hotel, please let me know by email.

Airport Transfer Information:

If you are staying at a hotel dowtown, parking can be expensive and hard to find.  I'd recommend taking a taxi, shuttle, or public transportation from San Francisco Airport.  A taxi from the airport to a hotel downtown will cost $35-50 dollars.  A shuttle will cost around $14 and Super Shuttle is one I've used before (as with all shuttles, the ride can be upwards of an hour depending on traffic and the number of stops made en route): http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/sfo.htm  Airport limo is a little more than a taxi, and you can look at

Depending on your arrival time and hotel arrangements (and amount of luggage), you may also find that the public subway is both quickest and cheapest at around $5 for one way.  The Palace hotel is at the Montgomery St. exit and the subway information is at: http://www.bart.gov/index.asp

If you have any other questions, let me know.