Subject: RE: [wsrp-pfb] UDDI tech note draft-08

Luc,

thanks for your valueable input.
I've added your suggestion to our next revision (draft-08).
Our TC is definitly interested in a UDDI TC review and we appreciate the
UDDI TC's comments.
We are going to start our first TC review in a few days.
I will post an additional message to your list asking for comments and
providing the links once we're set and ready for review.

Following some preliminary questions regarding your input:
How does the usage of the useType attribute relate to the WSDL in UDDI V2.0
technical note, Appendix A.
We had the note concerning V3 wsdlDeployment usage in a previous version
but haven't been sure about the compatibility to the tech note.

Could the use of the entityKeyValues tModel affect private UDDI registry
usage, given the fact that "legacy" V2 registry may not provide this
tModel?

Or to be more general: how do you deal with "legacy" registries where
tModels with the predefined keys can not be injected, i.e. the registry
would assign new keys.
I'm asking because this might become also an interoperability issue with
our tech note and I'm wondering if we need to add some guidance to our tech
note.
How do you deal with it?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Standardization Technical Lead
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             "Luc Clement"
             <luc.clement@syst
             inet.com>                                                  To
                                       Richard Jacob/Germany/IBM@IBMDE,
             07/08/2004 07:46          <wsrp-pfb@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                       <uddi-spec@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsrp-pfb] UDDI tech note
                                       draft-08

Richard,

I commend your TC for such a nice job of mapping WSRP onto UDDI. I'd like
to offer some brief comments on the TN (albeit these are based on draft 7
as I haven't had a chance to review draft 8 yet).

A. useType attribute on accessPoint.

I like the fact that the TN isolates itself from v2 and v3 version issues
but would like to propose that you note the following wrt the use of
"useType" in the context of UDDI v3. The TC anticipated the use of a WSDL
as an access point and thus provided support for it in UDDI v3 (which by
the way maps to "other" in v2 as you've chosen). Section 3.5.2.1
accessPoint of the v3 spec [1] describes the following useType:
"wsdlDeployment: designates that the accessPoint points to a remotely
hosted WSDL document that already contains the necessary binding
information, including the actual service endpoint."

I think it would be worth mentioning this as a footnote in the TN

B. Categorization of the
urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:wspr_producer_service_reference tModel

I recommend that his tModel be categorized with the
uddi-org:entityKeyValues category system to enforce the reference to a
businessService. For more information on this tModel - please see Section
11.1.9 UDDI “Entity Key Values” Category System of the v3 spec [1].

I think that careful review of version 8 and future drafts may uncover
additional small issues and to this end, I recommend that the UDDI Spec TC
review this TN though we may want to do so once you get closer to
completing your work. I've copied the UDDI Spec TC as a heads up.

[1] http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi_v3.htm

Regards,

Luc Clément
Secretary, OASIS UDDI Spec TC