Subject: FW: [chairs] reminder to chairs: OASIS IPR Policy member review

FYI, the new OASIS IP Policy draft link.  Please review so we can discuss
the impact on our TC during next week's telecon.

Luc

Luc Clément
Co-Chair OASIS UDDI Spec TC
Systinet Corporation
Tel: +1.617.395.6798

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl F. Best [mailto:karl.best@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 11:55
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

TC chairs:

On 9 July OASIS announced to its membership a draft IPR Policy that has been
developed by our Board, and requested that members review and provide
comment on this draft. (See
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200407/msg00002.html)

One of the documents in this review is the proposed Transition Policy, which
describes how TCs will transition to the new IPR Policy by selecting an IPR
mode to operate under, after which the OASIS members (organizations and
individuals) represented in the TC will vote to ratify that selection.

In addition to the other issues in the IPR Policy that you individually and
your companies may be interested in, I would also appreciate your TCs
looking at, discussing, and commenting on the transition to the new IPR
Policy, as well as any other parts of the Policy that will affect the
day-to-day operations of the TC.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org