Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] OWL UDDI

There is no such thing as "OWL UDDI" now.  The decision we took in NZ was to
require a UDDI implementation to accept any OWL ontology but we would
describe what subset of the ontology contributed to the UDDI taxonomy.  This
subset could be regarded as a kind of "OWL UDDI" but it should not be
thought of as restricting what features of OWL can be used in the original
ontology.  As part of the rewrite I am describing these contributions in
terms of triples rather than OWL/RDF/XML syntax.

I don't understand your comment about section 2.1.4 and I don't think your
proposed changes have any effect.

Section 2.1.4 does not attempt to redefine owl:Class, it simply defines an
owl:FunctionalProperty that has a domain of owl:Class.

Your proposal would require OWL ontologies to be written specifically for
UDDI, as they would have to use UDDI-Class instead of the standard
owl:Class, and would still require OWL full as you use UDDI-Class as the
domain of the property, and it is this that makes it OWL Full.

John Colgrave
IBM